It’s been a long winter here in Indiana and I’m so glad that Spring has finally decided to show her face. This Winter was unbearable and it seemed like the more the snow would fall the more I would stuff my face with nonsense! Food is obviously how I cope… I guess I felt the need to confess that. Well, now that it’s getting time for swimsuit season I’m starting to regret all that crap I ate. One of my New Year goals was to include more fruit into my daily life instead of grabbing chocolate and chips and anything else thats uber unhealthy. I’ll admit, so far I’m not doing so great folks… but I’m finding I tend to get my fruit intake better if I mix it into a smoothie. I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes…
- 2 cups strawberries (green leaves and stems removed)
- 1 ripe mango (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint (optional)
- Handful of ice cubes
- Combine strawberries, mango cubes and milk into the blender and blend for approximately 1 minute.
- Add in the yogurt and mint into the blender and blend for about 30 more seconds.
- Fill your glass with ice cubs and pour the smoothie over the ice.
- Now, slurp that goodness up!
On a nice, hot day this drink is amazing to sip on and it’s a recipe that the kids will love too!